MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Someone please help me create a page with the Custom Pages plugin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have posted about this previously, but have hit a wall.

I got the plugin installed, but remain lost with creating a page.

I am mostly lost with the 'Content' area under the Manage Custom pages section.
Am I supposed to add all the 'official' html declarations such as the page declaration, etc.

If someone can walk me through setting a page up, it would really be greatly appreciated.

ThanksSmile
The content can contain HTML if that's what you mean...
(2009-02-27, 10:04 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]The content can contain HTML if that's what you mean...

Does it have to contain HTML for it to work?

For instance if I typed, 'Yada, Yada, Yada' in the content field, should this be viewable on its URL or do I have to include more info?

What are some common errors people run into with this plugin? Trying to figure out why it is not working.

This is what I am using to create the URL: pages/testimonials/

Thanks
Not really anything more, no. Try just saving that, then viewing it. If you select the option to put it in a MyBB style table, it'll be put into a table in your theme's colours etc.
You don't have to use html, but it sure does help with "Dressing Up" the page.
If you type Yada Yada Yada in the content area, then that's all that will show on that page.
(2009-02-27, 10:24 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to use html, but it sure does help with "Dressing Up" the page.
If you type Yada Yada Yada in the content area, then that's all that will show on that page.

I typed 'Yada Yada Yada' to test it, but am unable to view the page.

This is what I am using as the URL:

http://asianadventures.org/forum/pages/t.../index.php

Is there anything wrong with this?
Well it's saying a language file doesn't exist...
(2009-02-27, 10:42 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's saying a language file doesn't exist...

I did check to see that it was uploaded and it was last I checked.

I am assuming this could be the root of the problem?
(2009-02-27, 10:42 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's saying a language file doesn't exist...

Ok, I added that file but am getting - page not found:

http://asianadventures.org/forum/pages/t.../index.php
I would appreciate it if some can help me further with this, I think I am almost there.

Thanks
What exactly are you stuck on now?? Not really sure what there is to get confused with this plugin, just upload the files, type what you want to show, hit save Undecided
Pages: 1 2