MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Indexing Movies ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Have a friend

He has a Hollywood site - and it runs on MyBB
Well the point is - Hes currently indexing movies
AKA Posting movies but linking to other sites with the video

Now i need some proof thats not allowed or is it ?

p.s. - please tell me its illegal , i can win £30 Toungue
If you're creating a site for the purpose of indexing links to copywritten material it can get you in trouble.. it is considered to be illegal for the most part, but if you're site isn't very popular no one will mess with you. (There are too many sites indexing illegal links to shut them all down)

Either way.. if you need legal advice go talk to a lawyer. Smile
ovguide has a substantial listing of forums & sites that legally link movies & TV shows.

Feel free to PM me if there are any other questions. Being new here I'd rather not risk my status for inadvertantly stepping out of bounds with unwritten rules and such regarding public postings.
Yeah thats what i saw
He also had this disclaimer thing saying he only index's movies and not hosted on his server and so on

Will check via a free solicitor and make sure they dont think its some sort of prank call lol
It depends on few things actually. Such as location of server (different country different laws), his location, and well how law decides to rule since he isn't hosting it on his servers.
All index movies has need a purpose so that it will be an invalid links.