MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member list (hide or remove banned members)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, at our forum we are using v1.4.4 (1404). Being still a new forum, we've had some members from another place come along that required banning.

On the member list their IDs are struck through with a line. We would prefer to hide those members from the general membership rather than delete them altogether which would nullify aspects of the banning data. The final result being that only the forum staff can see them on the list.

Having scoured the documentation & this forum & come up blank, we would be exceedingly grateful for any assistance that is provided. If a modification request is required, please let us know so we can go to that location and do so accordingly.

Thank you for reading this far.

P.S. The forum url is in my profile if that should prove useful.
It can't be done by default but I agree it should be possible somehow. I'll move this to mod requests and if you like you can suggest it as a feature here. I've wanted to hide banned members for a while, never thought about having them only visible to staff, that's even better.
Whichever is more realistic. So long as guests and nonstaff are unable to see them. It just looks unprofessional & people ask questions they don't need answers for.

As far as thread location is concerned, what ever is best. I was having a difficult time deciding where might gain more visibility by the ones that do the development.

Thank you for the response Mattalan. I'll keep an eye out.
Did anything ever come of this? We have some banned members we would like to hide too.
Open memberlist.php

Find
		$plugins->run_hooks("memberlist_user");

Add Below
		if($user['usergroup'] == 7 && $mybb->user['usergroup'] != 4)
		{
			continue;
		}

By this change only Admins will be able to see 'Banned' members;
Change GIDs to your needs if you don't use the Default Groups for Banned && Admins.
(2009-04-04, 10:49 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]Open memberlist.php

Find
		$plugins->run_hooks("memberlist_user");

Add Below
		if($user['usergroup'] == 7 && $mybb->user['usergroup'] != 4)
		{
			continue;
		}

By this change only Admins will be able to see 'Banned' members;
Change GIDs to your needs if you don't use the Default Groups for Banned && Admins.

ADD, not replace, correct? Just stick it on the end? And do I go into template to find memberlist.php?
No; memberlist.php is a file on your server.
Just open it, find the line and add the code under it. Save the file and reupload
ok, thanks, I found it. I saved the file (this is in Notepad) and when x-ing out, it gives a box that says:

upload back to server?

And then a small box to check that says "Finish editing & delete local file"

Do I want to check that box?
The responses are appreciated. It looks like just the thing we needed. When we have results to report back we shall do so post haste. Take care now.
(2009-04-05, 12:32 AM)farleyq Wrote: [ -> ]I saved the file (this is in Notepad) and when x-ing out, it gives a box that says:

upload back to server?

And then a small box to check that says "Finish editing & delete local file"

Do I want to check that box?
Yes, you do. But DO NOT use the default windows editor (Notepad) to edit php files because it will lead to an php error on your board. You can use Notepad++ or PSPad.
Pages: 1 2