MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Long code to atttachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first ever MyBB plugin, so don't be too hard :)
Also, English is not my mother language (Russian is).

The plugin was created for an upcoming introduction of a new forum - MyBB based, of course - on a site of russian programming tool (it's like an IDE, but for several programming languages - Object Pascal/Delphi, FlatAsm, C++, PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML) called HiAsm. The idea behind this plugin is to automatically enforce one of the forum rules that says "Please don't post large code chunks (> 100 chars) in message body, use attachments!".

Plugin supports internationalization, language files for English and Russian are already included. Also, maximal length of code chunk is configurable via Admin CP.
Sounds niceSmile I'll try it out later.
I hope I will meet your expectations. Blush

By the way, the plugin has a small "problem" (won't call it a "bug"): if the code-collapsing is triggered after ajax-based quick edit, the code is still displayed inline, although if you refresh the page, the message will be shown properly.
Very well done. Smile
I might use this on my forum. There are always users who post large code chunks of C and C++ instead of attaching the source file.
Thanks Smile