MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank Pages Related to Search and Show New Posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I click New Posts or View Today's Posts or use the search feature all I get is a blank page. The search page does show up but when you enter something and click the search button you just get a blank page

The same thing happens when I click a "last post" link too

I did search through the forum here to try to find a solution and I reuploaded search.php, search.lang.php, and showthread.php but no difference

I have 1.4 - http://www.talkparanormal.com
Hm, yeah it happens when there's a lastpost in the URL. I.e. ./thread-1.html works, whereas ./thread-1-lastpost.html doesn't. There's been a few threads on that but can't remember a solution.

You also have this at the top of some pages:

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/paratalk/public_html/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:1)

Make sure there are no spaces before the <?php at the top of that file, the first line needs to be <?php
Just to be sure - I disabled the SEF in the configuration then I deleted the .htaccess that was already in my public_html then uploaded the original htaccess.txt, renamed it to .htaccess then went back to config and set SEF to autodetection - that didnt work, I changed it to enabled - that didnt fix it either. Still getting the blank pages

ADDED:

I never edited the global.lang file and just uploaded it as it was, but I did open it up and check it out, there is no blank space.

I havent seen that error at the top of any pages, where did you see it?

Also the links for the last post have always worked up until now - after I reuploaded the inc/language/english files (from the problem in the other thread)

Added:

I just discovered that I cannot log out. I get a blank page when I click logout then when I go back to refresh the home page I am still logged in. Also a blank page after deleting a PM
I really need some help here. I cleared my cookies and now I cant even login. I looked at the sticky about login problems and verified that my cookie settings were correct and even checked that tool you suggested. I even opened my settings.php and it all it has in it is
<?php
?>

LAST EDIT -- Feel free to close this thread - I am just going to try a completely fresh install