MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [help]where to find this...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1-i cant find an option to put birthday date to be a required field
2- Subscribe option to be by default instant messaging , when users are registering
3 - which is the plugin to activate thread rating system ( like in this forum)
1. Use COPPA registration
2. I don't think there is a setting for that, however you can remove the option to change it and add in a hidden field to submit the setting you want to set
3. It's a default feature, it should be on by default, but it's a setting in each forum.
(2009-02-28, 07:03 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]1. Use COPPA registration
2. I don't think there is a setting for that, however you can remove the option to change it and add in a hidden field to submit the setting you want to set
3. It's a default feature, it should be on by default, but it's a setting in each forum.

thanks mattalan but you dont understand my first point i dont want to use COPPA registration , when i see ur profile i see date of birth and then the date and in mine it says not specified, because when i registered i dont have this fileld , how cant i put this field on the registration form

And the second option anybody knows yo to put it in subscription mode instant messaging by default, when users are registering
Set it as required via the Custom Profile Fields page.
You can't add it on the registration form easily, using COPPA is the easiest way, as the date they enter there is then used as their birthday.

(2009-02-28, 09:30 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Set it as required via the Custom Profile Fields page.

It's not a custom profile field.

These are the edits for subscriptions:

In member_register, find:

<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="subscriptionmethod">{$lang->subscription_method}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
	<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
		<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
	</select>
</td>
</tr>

replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod" value="2">

In usercp_options, find:

<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="subscriptionmethod">{$lang->subscription_method}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
	<select name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod">
		<option value="0" {$no_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_auto_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="1" {$no_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->no_email_subscribe}</option>
		<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>
	</select>
</td>
</tr>

replace with:

<input type="hidden" name="subscriptionmethod" id="subscriptionmethod" value="2">

Then in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = '2'

Are you sure you want to do this though?? People may hate getting emails for everything. If I got them, I'd set up an email address and send them all there. Plus does your host have mail limitations?? You'll be sending a lot of emails.
with coppa it ask to verify my age but in this forum you have coppa disabled and it aks for the date of birth , how can i do it to mine. on custom profiles dont have that option
Also how to change the Default Thread Subscription Mode:
this field is not a custom filed because i dont have it in the custom fields and it appers when a user registered as not specified, because i dont have a filed to enter it in but if i go t admin cp i can add it manually

if i see my profile on my forum is says: (see the date)

Registration Date: Today
Date of Birth: Not Specified - because i dont have a field when i have registered, thats why its not specified , how can i put this filed
Local Time: 02-28-2009 at 09:59 PM
i have to put it by code not any best option to put the birthday date filed in registration form?, so if it did ask on the registration why when you are registered it says not specified, .why it shows after registration and not when registering?
Ugh, I've said what to do. There's simply a section in the profile edit page to add your birthday. If you want it to be added during registration, enable COPPA.

And I've said how to changed the subscription mode. I never said I was giving you code to add the birthday form to the register form, did I.