MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error When Restoring My Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed the irections at http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore to restore my database but now I get the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error: 
1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_xxxxxxx.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist 
Query: 
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache 

(Replaced actual Db name above with "X's")

I can see the xxxxx_datacache table in phpMyAdmin

The backup I used was created in MyBB Admin Cp
Open ./inc/config.php and check all the database settings are correct.
Yes, they are correct - MySQL DB name, user ID and password

I just completely removed my forum and did a fresh install and before I did the database restore I wasnt getting the error.
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Quote:Database: MySQL
SQL Error: 1146 - Table 'forum_mybb14x.test_datacache' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT title,cache FROM test_datacache
Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database table prefix is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['table_prefix']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

If everything was correct, it'd be working.....
It was working before I did the backup restore

The DB name is correct

The DB user ID is correct

The DB password is correct

table prefix is mybb_ that is the default

Is there something else in that config that needs checked?
Yes, as it says in the quoted text, check the table prefix, that's what actually causes this I think.
OK, I changed the table prefix. I hadnt thought of that needing to be done since it was always mybb_ before. That did get rid of the error.

But now I am looking at some new errors - cannot resend header info etc etc and unable to login - but I will try to figure it out.

I know I have aggravated you quite a bit the past couple days and I do really appreciate your help on all this. I cant afford a lot but if You would PM me your PayPal info I would be glad to make a donation