MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys...
my first post... YIPPI!!!

I've just started learning php, still basics Toungue and I came across this site and downloaded the MyBB 1.4. I've installed it on my localhost with php/MySQL/Apache and now I'm runnign a test before I buy a domain and upload everything up.

now the problem is that I have the localhost connected to the index.php which is the one that leads to the forum. The only thing that's bothering me is taht I can't seem to get the portal to show up. Is there a certain setting / code or how should I do?

I've configurated setting in the ACP and I'm using FF 3 ;D

thnx in advance
You can add a link to it in the header template. By default there are no links to it.
excuse my ignorance.. but I'm new when it comes to PHP as I mentioned before, and I have no header Toungue

I've linked localhost directly to Mybb/index.php (which is the forum). Should I modify the file and have some kind of include("portal.php"); ?
As I said, it's a template. Not a file. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Header Templates > header.
Edit:

I see now thnx for the help Big Grin

only one problem though. I though it was solved, but it's clearly not...
I've tried to create a normal link (a button with portal.php linked to) so that it's optional for the user to have a portal or not. But when the button is clicked I get the portal overwriting the forum (which is normal).
How can i link it (without messing up the templates with frames and divs etc) so that both gets next to each other? I've tried php include and java script :/ neither work..

any suggestions? :/
What do you mean by 'so that both gets next to each other'?? Huh
That's how the portal looks anyway Confused Is there something I'm missing?? The column on the left are boxes that you can turn on/off in the portal settings, and the column on the right is announcements pulled from a forum set out in the settings.
I might be misunderstanding how this works but...
When i open portal.php i get the boxes to the left. and when I open the index.html I get the main categories where you can enter and create a forum. I want both those next to each others but I can't seem to find a way to do it Toungue
So you want the boxes from the portal to be on the index?? Why didn't you just say that, then??

This is the only plugin that does that works that does that: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1697.html
Pages: 1 2