MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Convert punbb 1.3 to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I use latest merge system to covert punbb 1.3 to mybb. When system trying convert threads.. error:

Import punBB 1 Threads
There are 20 threads left to import and 0 pages left at a rate of 100 per page.

Inserting thread #2...
Fatal error: Call to a member function escape_string() on a non-object in /home/eshlox/domains/eshlox.net/public_html/mybb/convert/boards/punbb.php on line 1219

Any ideas how to fix it? ;-)

PS. Sorry for my bad english ;-)
Hi,

Any news on this? I'd like to make the switch from PunBB 1.3.x to MyBB now that it's GPL, but I don't want to lose my current forum data. It's a rather small forum so in the worst case I could do it more or less manually, but I'd be glad to avoid this hassle Smile

Thanks
Idea to fix it?
Just go to line 1219 in punbb.php and replace:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("users", "id, username", "username = '".$db->escape_string($username)."'", array('limit' => 1));
with:
$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("users", "id, username", "username = '".mysql_escape_string($username)."'", array('limit' => 1));

It works, but there is still problem with encoding characters. Have fun Wink
Thanks. My character encoding is the very common UTF-8, and my forum is in English. I suppose the char encoding issues won't annoy me too much?
You should not be annoyed, but I am using Polish language and it annoys me. :/
I just merged my PunBB 1.3.2 to MyBB 1.4.6 using merge system 1.4 beta 4 SVN downloaded today, it seemed to work fine (with your tweak) Smile

Edit: some PunBB syntax wasn't converted, for instance the [list=*] and [*] tags.