MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which MyBB features have you never used?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't use the buddy list at all. I barely use reputations. I never used moderators until I recently discovered a use for the rank Smile
Maybe,
Be wise is to see the features from member side (your visitors), not you! Smile
You're Administrator, anything you can do for your forum.
Try to disable some features, and wait for few days/week. For big forum, there will be a complaint from visitors. So, thats mean the feature are needed.

Last time, I disable Quick Jump. Many of my visitor complaint. But, I tell them why this feature should be removed? And They're understand. Many Administrator has own mission (vision) about their forum. Some Administrator need the forum look elegant with a tons of features, but the others administrator cut anything (many features) for speed purposes.

Just like me, My big (one of biggest MyBB forum) run many features. But, I chooce base on their (members) request. If any change, I talk to visitors and discuss what they need (and remove).
Just like Customer Service (Sales) maintain their customer Smile

Thats why, I've been using SMF/VB with lots of features, but in the future you will facing big-big database. And When I've been using PunBB, the speed and small database offers great server performance, but lack of features. Finally, I found MyBB... The balance!
I find the Buddy Lists rather 'useless' now. As in, they don't really serve much purpose do they?
If buddies were highlighted on the WOL, it might have a use.
Pages: 1 2