MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird issue - Duplicate Who's Online in forum footer, but only sometimes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Having a bit of a weird issue here. On my forums I seem to have a duplicate Who's Online bit show up in the forum's footer, but only on an intermittent basis. It will be normal with only one Who's Online for days on end, then suddenly out of nowhere it will start showing two of them as seen in the attached screenshot. I've looked at the theme's code and I can only find one Who's Online bit of code as far as I know.

Anyone have any ideas? Smile

Brandon
I'd say check to make sure there's not duplicate template variables..
If there was, surely it'd always show twice, can't think what could cause it to only show twice occasionally Undecided
It's probably being eval'd twice, rather than duplicate template coding. As Matt said, if there was duplicate, it would show all the time.

My guess would be there's been a modification, either from plugin or custom coding, that has a conditional that isn't active very often - like a weekly task or something. I have no idea what would cause that though...

Run through the forum code, and any plugins, and look for two WOL evals. You might have better success than looking through templates...
Well, I don't think it's plugin-related as there are no plugins active on the forum, or even uploaded.

Also, I wonder why when it goes duplicate like that it shows the image for the top one but not for the bottom?

This is odd, but luckily it only happens once in a while.

The forum install is almost just a stock copy of MyBB, with just a few minor edits. I don't believe I changed anything related to the who's online bit at all.

Any other ideas or suggestions in the code of where to look?
(2009-03-03, 07:42 PM)alex clone Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem; I installed the mod & then uninstalled it and it worked Wink

What mod?? :|