MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Error Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think you should be able to edit the contents of the error pages for MyBB. I mean like the MySQL errors. It would be good to be able to add custom text and email links erc.
You can't edit the MySQL error text. And it's basically like my suggestion.
Just though it should be an option because i do not see the error for a few hours so i would like to provide an email link for members to report the error.
It would come in handy if the design of the error pages were editable in the MyBB templates, so that we can further integrate the MyBB design into our main website's design if we have one.
I don't really see the benefits of this. If it integrates too well, people might miss the 'error' part of it. Adding an email link could do some good though. Or an automatic mailer upon an error occurrence, editable via the Configuration.

Just my opinions.
(2009-03-02, 11:04 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see the benefits of this. If it integrates too well, people might miss the 'error' part of it. Adding an email link could do some good though. Or an automatic mailer upon an error occurrence, editable via the Configuration.

Just my opinions.
It would be nice to be able to atleast customize the colors to match our site though. Or customize the messages, or even have different pages for errors..
An email is an interesting idea. Sometimes an error can be there for hours before the admin knows about it.
(2009-03-02, 11:08 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]An email is an interesting idea. Sometimes an error can be there for hours before the admin knows about it.
Yeah. I would definitely like the option to get emailed when errors occured..
Could pose an issue though, no? Someone accidentally deletes the error page template. Then they get an error, and with it, a blank page. Then they wonder what's going on. To me, simpler is better for any sort of error page.
That's why all you need to do is just check if a page is set, if it is - check if it exists; if it does, show it, if not - show the default one.
Pages: 1 2