MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone know of a good (free) screencasting program?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to create some video tutorials for certain things and it'b be so much easier with a screenscast. I notice this becoming very popular on YouTube now.. and it seems YouTube really lacks quality tutorials..

Do you guys know of anything? I really have not tried any of them yet or know of anything reliable so I figure I just ask..

Thanks
Sweet, thanks.. Does it add a watermark to the videos?
I don't know that for sure. I used to use it to make tutorials on how to install certain programs.
I'll just try it out Smile

Thanks
fraps is my personal choice. But the free version does a watermark of their site url at the top in the center. But it's not like it will get in the way of what your trying to show.
I actually found a decent one and have tried it out.. The first one I tried had some codec issues (I know JACK about video and what not, so I need something simple Smile)

This is free with no watermark (open source), and very easy to install and use.. I tried a few test videos and they came out good. It includes it's own codec so it's a no brainer.
camstudio.org
Jing FTW.
I see this going places Smile..

Nice one Matt
Around 5 years ago, used Cam Studio. Have no idea how it's progressed or on alternatives, but it should at least do the job reasonably well.
Pages: 1 2