MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 gives MyBB Error (40)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Thank you for your very nice product.

I have downloaded the 1.4.4 zip file and followed the upgrade instructions.
The upgrade.php gives:
Upgrade Complete
Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.4.4.

However, if I try the board:

MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.
Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

I have rerun the upgrade (after removing the lock). Same result.

The settings.php and config.php look allright.

I have replaced the complete directory with the 1.4.4 zipfile, to make sure the site was not compromised.

Kind regards,
Rob
So you choose 1.4.2/1.4.3 from the dropdown list, yes??
yes, 1.4.3.

Before (thanks to back-button):

You are currently running MyBB 1.4.3 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.4.4 (1404).

MyBB Version 1.4.3
PHP Version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5
SQL Engine MySQL 4.0.24
And you're sure you uploaded the files properly?? Try using the changed files package in the 1.4.4 announcement.
I renamed the old directory and uploaded the contents of the mybb_1404.zip package to the now empty directory with the same name.
Copied the config.php, run upgrade.php, selected 1.4.3.
Same result.

Class core gives the version: var $version = "1.4.4";
Well then you can't be doing something right. Quickly PM me FTP details and I'll see if I can get it working.
Can I check the db fields in any way?
Check the users table, there should be a field called loginattempts. If there is, it's been upgraded to 1.4.4, if there isn't, you're still on 1.4.3.
The field loginattempts is in the db.
When I go to the upgrade script it says this, with some things blanked out:

Fatal error: [SQL] [1193] Unknown system variable 'NAMES'
SET NAMES 'utf8' in /var/www/*******/*******/*******/forums/inc/db_mysql.php on line 548

Fatal error: [SQL] [1146] Table '*******.datacache' doesn't exist
SELECT title,cache FROM datacache in /var/www/*******/*******/*******/forums/inc/db_mysql.php on line 548

Not really sure what's causing that. Also I think there's something else wrong here.... the message telling you to upgrade shouldn't show when going from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, so I have a feeling you've missed another upgrade somewhere.
Pages: 1 2