MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests can't view images? Is there a switch for that?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Problem Has Been Solved, but it's an interesting read anyway.

Hello everyone! Thanks very much for your time in reading this and assisting. Smile

I have a small issue where guests cannot view images I've posted. I made a "FAQ" type thread and littered it up with descriptive images, and when I log out to view it as a guest, all I see are the URLs of the images in the IMG tags. Undecided

Is there a switch anywhere that determines whether guests can see images or not? I could've sworn I've looked everywhere in the ACP for such an option, but I haven't quite found one.

Thanks a lot! ^_^

EDIT: Come to think of it, I can't quite find any sort of switch to toggle image visibility or not.

EDIT2: Okay, apparently, the option is forum-specific, not usergroup-specific. I think another Administrator was attempting to prevent guests from posting script-ridden malicious images, and inadvertently disabled image posting for everyone in that forum, including disabling images that were already posted. Oh well.

Thanks for reading this anyway. Smile Happy March. ^^,' Problem solved, I guess.