MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see posts text, name, can't see anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, now i notice that i can't see anything in my forum.
Index.php is ok, i can see the forums names but can't see the latest posts subjects.
In the forums i can't see the topics subjects
in the topics i can't see the posts text
In the database all are there, nothing is missing.
If i quote something for a reply then i can see the text!!!

Any ideas what could have happened? As the members told me it is since yesterday evening.

my forum is
www.mod4week.byethost11.com/mybb
Well...
after many hours of trying to find what could have happened,
after installing another instance of mybb and inserting parts of the "bad" dbase in the new one, i found out that the problem was in the datacache table!!

I entered 'N;' in the forumspermissions field (which had many many rows of data) and now it is all OK, i can see anything!

Does anyone know what this 'N;' does?

The only thing that comes to mind is 'null', but I'm not sure about that Wink
yes i know, it is probably null, but i can't understand what that had to do with the issue of not seeing text in the posts !!
I don't know...strange things...and mostly HOW was that modified !!
Anyway...
If you have null forum permissions, then there are no forum permissions, which means the default usergroup permissions are used. I think...
well, i have just found out, that the problem is NOT in the forumspermissions field of the cache.
The problem is in the BADWORDS field!
When i click on the Rebuild cache, then everything is lost again!
Could the greek words / letters have something to do? Maybe there is a problem / incompatibility with the use of greek letters in the bad words filter??

Edit: yes indeed the problem was the use of greek letters in the bad words and the filed in the cache... so can i do anything there? I deleted all the entries that used greek words, but i would like to add them again...without losing everything this time