MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Review request: Host2x Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://forums.host2x.com/

Let me know what you think of the theme. I've edited the main site theme and plan on redoing the whole site to intergrate it into the forum thus using the current forum theme, but before I do all of the coding I want to get the theme down first. So what do you think aside from the buttons/images which I haven't worked on yet. Do you think it's to dark? Any feedback is appreciated.
You have some dead links and the forum catagory part is a nice colour. the part that is righ tunder it make it a coupel shades lighter.

apart form that its awesome
Which links are dead?
PixieScripts is one i'll find the other i had. i dunno which is was.... maybe same twice not sure.
Looks good to me. Header container is little wider than the "main container", and the mainmenus width needs also a little fixing, but anyway looks good... And is not too dark...
Fix the menu. It's sticking out for me.
PixieScripts.com is the exact URL provided to me, if the site is down or the URL is wrong it is not in my control. Sad

The header container will be a different width because it's not exact like the main container (header container and menu is 81% width, main container is 80% width + 5px on each side for padding). I will look into alternatives but unfortunately with the various resolutions people use it will be hard to get the width exact without making it look bad. Sad

The menu appears to be an issue with Google Chrome so I will attempt to fix ASAP. Wink
Oh wow, I fixed the header and main container width issues, I didn't know the padding could be a %. Big Grin
Maybe add 5-10 px at the bottom of your container...

Maybe scrap the toplinks images.. use - in between them.. Those buttons just don't fit in well, anywhere.. I'm speaking of the search, member list, calender, help... those images.

On the Hosting plans page, where the image is of the guy at a laptop, try putting some padding in between that image and the text so it's not touching.

A new button pack for your forum.. Maybe some minimalistic black with a touch of the orange.

Different stars.. That's really easy to do, actually.

Different forum status icons.. Maybe something a little more unique to your sites design.

When you're viewing the forum and you click the banner, it takes you to the homepage. Might want to have that take you back to the forum home page instead. People often use the banner as a homepage link for their forums so out of habit people click them thinking they'll be taken to the forum home, not the site home.

The post # in the thread is nearly invisible..

Your menu in the forum should be the same menu as the rest of your site also.

All right I'm done. Smile

Ok one more..

When you're at viewing the forum have the Home link be Site Home instead.. so people don't have to keep clicking their thinking it's the forum home.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe add 5-10 px at the bottom of your container...
Changed it to 1% all the way around.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe scrap the toplinks images.. use - in between them.. Those buttons just don't fit in well, anywhere.. I'm speaking of the search, member list, calender, help... those images.
I changed the font color and used the <strong> code and ditched the images.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]On the Hosting plans page, where the image is of the guy at a laptop, try putting some padding in between that image and the text so it's not touching.
Fixed.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]A new button pack for your forum.. Maybe some minimalistic black with a touch of the orange.
Images are last on my list.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Different stars.. That's really easy to do, actually.
Same as above.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Different forum status icons.. Maybe something a little more unique to your sites design.
And above.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]When you're viewing the forum and you click the banner, it takes you to the homepage. Might want to have that take you back to the forum home page instead. People often use the banner as a homepage link for their forums so out of habit people click them thinking they'll be taken to the forum home, not the site home.
Fixed, that's how it was supposed to be but I forgot the subdomain in the code.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]The post # in the thread is nearly invisible..
Fixed.
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Your menu in the forum should be the same menu as the rest of your site also.
What do you mean?
(2009-03-04, 11:56 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]All right I'm done. Smile

Ok one more..

When you're at viewing the forum have the Home link be Site Home instead.. so people don't have to keep clicking their thinking it's the forum home.
I was thinking of that, but I think I'll just keep it as "Home" since the "homepage" is part of the forum anyways. Big Grin
For the menu, you have 2 completely different styles...

On all pages but the forum it is a different menu than the forum itself.. why not just use 1 menu style?
Hmm.. I notice now that it's just the slim menu.. weird :/
Pages: 1 2