MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing the Admin Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to modify the "View Forum" link in the Admin CP so that it will open in the same tab rather than a new one, preferably I would also like to find the template sets for the admin panel, how would I go about this?
There are no template sets for the ACP, I assume so people can't crap it up beyond repair.

Trying to find the code that makes it open in a new window...
Yeah so changing how a link acts can't "crap it up beyond repair". And even if they did it's their problem. How is the admin panel created then?
Oh nevermind I believe I have found it.

Thanks for the not-so-much help.
(2009-03-04, 06:59 PM)Weasley Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the not-so-much help.

:| Woah, sorry Rolleyes My point is that if there were templates for the ACP, someone might edit the templates in such a way that they can't use the ACP. I don't believe I said editing that particular link would mess it up. And saying 'it's their problem' is hardly the appropriate attitude if that were to happen to anyone...

Out of curiosity, where was the link??
mybb_root/admin/inc/class_page.php

Yes, was a bit harsh there, I was expecting at least a bit of help though, as my intention was not to mess it up, but to remove the target="_blank" bit on the <a> tag.
In admin/inc/class_page.php:
<a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}\" target=\"_blank\" class=\"forum\">{$lang->view_board}</a>
Yeah, the target=\"_blank\" thing irritates me. So I removed it, naturally.
I actually quite liked the 1.2 feature where you could view the forum inside the ACP, so be able to view the forum as normal but have the ACP menu around it...
(2009-03-04, 07:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I actually quite liked the 1.2 feature where you could view the forum inside the ACP, so be able to view the forum as normal but have the ACP menu around it...

Yes but hello we are in Web 2.0 and in 2009 now Toungue Frames don't exist Toungue
Hate frames, I hated how if I wanted to go to my website I had to do it in a frame.
Pages: 1 2