MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registered users can't access postings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since I've set up the board, using the latest version, I've had trouble with registered users accessing any forums that have non-default settings.

For example, a new forum is created and posting made. Normally, guests and registered users can access them fine (the latter also able to reply), according to the permissions settings for that category of user.

However, whenever I try to modify the permission settings away from the defaults I've set for that user category, I run into problems.

The typical case is a forum that I want to make announce-only. I turn off the new-threads and reply bits for registered users in the permission setting for that single forum.

But for some reason after doing this, while guests (and moderators, etc.) can read the postings in there just fine, registered users are blocked (insufficient permissions). It seems that whenever I try to turn off reply/new thread permissions for registered users for a single forum, it also effectively turns off the "can view" bit for that user category (but according to the permission table, that bit is set properly).

Oddly, this only affects registered users, not guests!

Any clues?

Thanks.
Go into the advanced permissions (Edit Permissions/Set Permissions) and set them again. Make sure you select 'use custom permissions below'.
Do you mean in the group settings? I don't see any "use custom settings" option. Thanks.
No, the permissions for the forums that you're setting the permissions for.
I see the usual permission matrix of course, seemingly set correctly. But no "use custom settings below" option.
As I said before, you then click Edit Permissions or Set Permissions next to that.