MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newest Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If it possible to make a button or to have link with the newest post on the forum with only coding?

P.S. I know about the plugin but the host im using doesnt let me upload anything
Are you using a MyBB host? SocialBB or CreateBB etc?
If your host doesn't let you upload anything, I don't think so...
(2009-03-08, 09:08 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]If your host doesn't let you upload anything, I don't think so...

If he's using a MyBB host such as CreateBB, maybe he could email them asking, anyway as Tom said, if your host doesn't let you upload anything then I'm afraid you can't do it.
Well yeah, I never said that they couldn't email them asking them to - but I doubt they can change it on one forum, without changing them all.
I mean, they could add the plug-in couldn't they and give the administrator the option to disable / activate in admincp > plugins?
Well they could, but they'd first need to see if people would want it; no point in adding it if only one person wants it.
(2009-03-08, 09:19 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Well they could, but they'd first need to see if people would want it; no point in adding it if only one person wants it.

I suppose but it could do no harm really to just add it anyway. Toungue
Why have a plugin that only one person will use, though? Especially to have to modify it for each template..
(2009-03-08, 09:23 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Why have a plugin that only one person will use, though? Especially to have to modify it for each template..

Ahh yea, forgot about the template bit.
Pages: 1 2