MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Header Tags in MyCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

From the SEO perspective, it is very important to utilize a H1 H2... header tags on our pages. I would like to make my sticky posts at my forums like a SEO optimized articles explaining the general purpose of the particular forum, at the same time targeting particular related keywords to be well ranked at serps.

I found it very convenient the use of "Level 2 headline" tags which example can be seen at MyBB wiki pages eg:

== Headline text ==

Why this option could not be implemented in regular MyCode ?
Is it possible to enforce H2 tag on our titles in forums posts?

Dusan.
For people not interested in SEO, heading tags are somewhat bloat, since the size tags are easier to understand and are more versatile.

You can easily add heading tags through the Custom MyCode anyway, eg:

Regular Expression:
\[h([1-6])\](.+?)\[/h\1\]
Replace with:
<h$1>$2</h$1>
(2009-03-05, 03:06 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]For people not interested in SEO, heading tags are somewhat bloat,

yes, most forum owners absolutely despise their page rank going up
(2009-03-05, 04:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-05, 03:06 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]For people not interested in SEO, heading tags are somewhat bloat,

I know I do Toungue
Though I agree they are important, i can't think of a way to make user using them. 99% of the posts are plain text, no further formating. That said, you'll gain little with that.

If you want to take the most out of header tags, I suggest you edit your theme so you have the title of the topic in an head tag. Also, make sure it shows up as close as possible to the top of your html.
That would mean moving it to to top of the welcome message.
(2009-03-05, 04:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

Not interested != despise =P