MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with MyBB Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well as I said above, if you PM me login details, I'll take a look at it.
..PM'ed
I think this is some weird host issue. I can't even create a new theme from inside the ACP. Either that or there's something wrong with the files...
OK, that wasn't my fault then.

I could've sworn I was doing it right.

What do you suggest I do?
I'd email your host and see if there's something misconfigured. Your CHMOD settings are fine so it isn't that, and I'm not really sure what the process of importing a theme is, but there may be something wrong with the host that means it can't complete. More of an educated guess than a solid answer really...
Perhaps it's the MySQL username/database?

Maybe I could check that out.. just a guess. I would've thought that if that were the case we wouldn't have gotten this far though.. LMK what you think.
(2009-03-07, 07:18 PM)carlclendenin Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it's the MySQL username/database?

Maybe I could check that out.. just a guess. I would've thought that if that were the case we wouldn't have gotten this far though.. LMK what you think.

If it was anything related to your MySQL username/password, the software wouldn't of installed however maybe you are missing a vital table in your MySQL database or maybe you have not got an XML directory in your MyBB files.

If your not too bothered about re-installing, try that and if that doesn't work contact your host or find another one.

Good luck.
As I said, it's probably something wrong with the host, a temporary folder of some sort.
OK, so the server help said that it was probably a compatibility issue with the theme and the forums.

With that said I've uninstalled and installed again. I've caught a small piece that maybe I've overlooked before:

Quote:Things to keep in mind:

* Make sure that the directory structure is kept. (ie. the files in the 'admin' directory should be uploaded to a directory called 'admin', the files in the 'archive' directory should be uploaded to a directory called 'archive', etc)
* Make sure that you upload the .php, .html, .css and any other text file in ASCII mode, and that you upload the .gif, .jpg, .png, and any other binary file in Binary mode (see your FTP software documentation)

I simply zipped the individual folders, and all single files (into one folder) then uploaded the zipped folders on the server under public_html >> mybb then extracted.

I never had to FTP it, I did it manually, and in doing so I never changed how I uploaded in binary and ASCII mode. I'm not even sure what this means to be honest.. is this my problem? It's doing the same exact thing again, with multiple themes.
bump..
bump..
Ahh, I can't bump it due to the double post..
Pages: 1 2 3