MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Laggy textbox in large posts..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not classifying this as a bug yet, unless someone else does, but what I notice is that once you get past about 170 lines (I did a quick test) in your post things begin to lag a little, as in, the text cannot keep up with my typing... My typing speed is roughly 70wpm but that is beside the point.

Anyone care to explain why it does this? The technical view..

It only concerns me since I'm making some ridiculously long threads for tutorials and I often have to preview to make sure things are right since it requires quite a bit of bbcode and formatting, so copying back and forth to a word pad is quite a pain.. I'm on line 950 or so and won't be done til about line 1500.. so it'd take forever going back and forth. and it has been since about line 400.. Note that the longer the thread, the slower it gets.

Is there anyway I can improve upon this, a setting or anything?

Thanks...
I figure to solve my issue I can just paste the good chunks into wordpad. That way I don't have to keep loading that same bit over and over..

Still open to an understanding of the lagging aspect.. Smile
I haven't had any problems, when typing large amounts of words, maybe your server is just slow today, no?
I don't think this is a bug, it's just the browser can't show the letters as fast as you type. There isn't really much we could do to stop that...
When you're typing a post nothing is being sent to, or being retrieved from the server - so it has nothing to do with your server or MyBB. It would be 100% your end.
Either your browser or your computer.. or something else. Maybe it's one of your browser's plugins? Try a different browser to compare.. try a different computer even.
Having multiple tabs open can slow it down, as well as having programs running in the background. What browser do you use??
I mean't his internet is probably causing it to do that.
(2009-03-05, 02:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Having multiple tabs open can slow it down, as well as having programs running in the background. What browser do you use??

I run FF3

Can you try to test it out.. I just want to see how other computers/internet connections compare. Line 170 seems to be par with my typing speed and from then on out it gets a little laggy. Try adding about 300 lines or so and see if you experience this.
Ah, FF3, yeah I've also experienced this with that. When I was making a long tutorial, the browser actually froze when I tried to scroll up quickly, I was glad I'd recently saved it as the browser had to be closed and restarted. I've never had it happen with Chrome or Opera though. IE freezes when I open a new tab so can't really judge with that Toungue
Ok.. so it isn't just me. Haha.. good to know. I'll just use Opera to type it out from now on. Smile
(2009-03-05, 06:07 PM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]I mean't his internet is probably causing it to do that.
It has nothing to do with internet or MyBB - as has been stated it is a browser/computer issue.

Just yesterday I was using Firefox (Portable) and editing about 14 users via phpMyAdmin and I clicked the save button and it hung for about 2 minutes. I was worried. ^_-
Pages: 1 2