MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making only a certain user(s) require their posts be approved...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has come to a point where there are a few potential troublemakers on the forum that I am the webmaster for.

Now, rather than setting the whole forum to require posts be approved, I would like to restrict only certain users settings.

However, all I can find are the permissions for allowing them to post. I still want them to be able to post... just be moderated.

So, how can I selectively set users to require moderator approval for their posts in any forum they post in, yet leave all the regular users alone?

I'm sorry to bother you nice people with such a noobish question, it's just that I'm getting quite frustrated looking everywhere without finding anything about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Big Grin
Add them all to a usergroup that requires approved posts.
(2009-03-05, 07:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Add them all to a usergroup that requires approved posts.
I know this much, I just don't know how to set a usergroup to require their posts be approved.

I mean... there's no group that is there right after installation that has that, and I can't find anywhere in the settings for my newly created group that makes their posts require approval.

Am I just missing something totally obvious, or is the setting in some obscure location? I would really like to know where that setting is, in other words... Huh
Unfortunately it's another common-sense group permission that is forum only permission. It's a serious problem with mybb. Everything is forum permission based and so little is group based.

You aren't missing a thing. It's just not there.
Never mind, apparently you can't set usergroups to require permission, only specific forums. That's really stupid.
(2009-03-05, 07:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Never mind, apparently you can't set usergroups to require permission, only specific forums. That's really stupid.
labrocca Wrote:You aren't missing a thing. It's just not there.

Yeah... that is quite unfortunate.

Is there any kind of mod that can do this? If there isn't, then it should be something that those "mod writers" should make... it would make things a whole lot better.

Changing all the forums to "approval required" isn't a very attractive option for me.

Uhg... this is annoying me to no end... lol...
MyBB need's to set it for forum & usergroup permissions.
I will see what I can do but right now I am finishing a plugin I started today that will probably be released tomorrow.