MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Torrent System for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Labrocca Wrote:There are already good torrent tracker site software available that should cover everything you need. They won't be mybb but they are very functional and featured for use with torrents already.

Yes I know, I was just thinking if someone can integrate the script into MyBB. Atleast the upload / download stats, files, peers (uploaders, downloaders), completed.....just stats like that.

Tom Loveric Wrote:Well you have to upload the files either way..?

Yep but we wont have to upload to RS or some other server, the leecher / downloader will get the file from our computer.
I'm curious where can I see something like this in action & and would this be adwords complaint & ok to be on the same forum?
This is highly illegal

But its ok - will be nice to see it made Smile
(2009-03-09, 03:51 PM)WaheedI Wrote: [ -> ]This is highly illegal

No it isn't. Torrent trackers aren't illegal. Torrents aren't illegal.
(2009-03-09, 04:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-09, 03:51 PM)WaheedI Wrote: [ -> ]This is highly illegal

No it isn't. Torrent trackers aren't illegal. Torrents aren't illegal.

its what you put in them.

and i don't want this.

i don't want mybb to become "the warez forum"
Bit torrent system is not illegal....you can't say a protocol to be illegal. It depends on what you upload / download using the protocol.

Most linux distros use torrents to distribute their releases. And if someone creates / installs this torrent plugin it wont make myBB "a warez forum"
simple. if i you give people an option for something *that is free* your more likely to get people using it
Ok a developer is working on it. If anyone wants this plugin please pm me.
Oh yeah true

Thanks for telling me peepz !

Is the plug in free or do we have to pay you Sad
I'm assuming it's going to be free, since they just said PM them if you want it..
Pages: 1 2