MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have 2 questions.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1-how to get my forum to be listed on search engine. (for example, if i write about mybb forum. when someone searches about mybb forum woulf find my forum among the results) Blush

2-what's the best way to maintain my forum. (do i just create backups of the Database or other stuff).

Thanks in advance.
1. Have you submitted your site to Google etc?? Do you have meta tags?? Good content?? Content that changes frequently??

2. Maintain is a broad term. Backing up isn't exactly maintaining, backing up is a security thing, in case you lose some data. The Recount & Rebuild tools in the ACP are used to keep the forum 'clean', but if you could be more specific as to what you mean by maintain, we might be able to give more specific details.
i logged in to google webmaster tool and they ask me to upload a html file or add a meta tag.
how would i add the meta tag to my site's home page in the first <head> section of the page, before the first <body> section?
I put Google code in the headerinclude template.
i did uploaded an html files and now my forum is listed.

about maintaining what i meant is in case something wrong (i mean major) happen how can i restore most of my members usernames and passwords and their threads if possible

this is my first forum (and it's going great so far "especially from the help and support of this forum" so thanks)
bro plz you use seo tools for search engine
(2009-03-05, 04:43 PM)playa4real Wrote: [ -> ]about maintaining what i meant is in case something wrong (i mean major) happen how can i restore most of my members usernames and passwords and their threads if possible

Yeah, that'll just be done by making a full backup once a week or something like that.
thanks a lot Matt