MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb on local Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to know if i can run a test forum on my pc using xampp aplication ?!!

i managed to get to the database configuration step where, when i put all the data( database serve: localhost, my username and password given by my wordpress application and a random name) it shows me this error :

Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

* Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

the only way to proceed to the next step is if i select the sqlite 2 version ,but then after i finish the instalation and try to open the forum an mysql error appears saying that he can't find the database!!

also i want tot say that this is my first time dealing with a forum instalation!!
(2009-03-05, 03:37 PM)elau20 Wrote: [ -> ]my username and password given by my wordpress application and a random name

What?? Wordpress details?? No you don't need those, you need the details of your database. Go into phpMyAdmin, and create a database. Then on the MyBB installer, put in the name of that database. After that, the username is usually root and the password is usually left empty.
thanks a lot !!! i understand now, i thought that beacuse the installer took my details from the wordpress database!!

(2009-03-05, 03:39 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-05, 03:37 PM)elau20 Wrote: [ -> ]my username and password given by my wordpress application and a random name

What?? Wordpress details?? No you don't need those, you need the details of your database. Go into phpMyAdmin, and create a database. Then on the MyBB installer, put in the name of that database. After that, the username is usually root and the password is usually left empty.