MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Section Permissions Not Working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I am having an issue of users (guest and registered) being able to see a section where only the moderators, admin, and super moderators have the permissions checked to be able to even view it let a lone post in it.

So they shouldn't be able to access it at all but they can see it and go in and post inside. How do I fix this?
Make sure you check the permissions for guests to not post. in users&groups.
Guest can't post but in the permissions for the section they shouldn't even be allowed to see it. Would a screenshot help?
Check the advanced permissions when you're setting permissions in each forum.
I never even bothered to look about advanced permissions. Thank you Matt. I'm off to do so now.

Edit: I don't per say see an advanced permission settings that is labeled such.

[Image: help21.png]
Okay its not just the viewing supposed to be non viewable forums but none of my permission settings are working. All users can do everything the default settings are everywhere. Doesn't matter what forum section it is.
Click Edit Permissions or Set Permissions.
I've done that before but what do I do from there?
Well just make sure everything is as it should be and that 'use custom permissions below' is selected.
Okay I tried doing what you have said and it still doesn't seem to make any difference though. Could it be an issue in the template coding?
No, templates have no effect on this. Can you PM me admin details, then??
Pages: 1 2