MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB host switch, getting a nasty error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Forgive me if this has been answered, I searched for this on this board and it came up with nothing, but if this sia duplciate, please accept my apologies. Wink Smile Anyway, I have just switched my friend's website from ByetHost to x10 Hosting, and it was a smashing success. However, Although I managed to remove 99% of the bugs/anomalies and what not (aka MySQL stuff and some other things), however, every time I view virtually all threads in the forum, it results in the following error displayed at the top of the screen:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/*******/public_html/inc/functions_post.php(510) : eval()'d code on line 2

Sometimes it can display up to 10 times in a row, meaning obviously I messed up with the code somewhere (there are a few modifications in the files)

Here is the link to the forum:

VIEW

Note: I have set up two themes, and this warning code shows up in both themes.

However, if you don't have time to check out the website for any reason, I've got 2 different 800x600 (resized Toungue ) screenshots of the error code, 1 picture per theme:

Theme 1:

[Image: warningerror11.th.png]

Theme 2:

[Image: warningerror12.th.png]

Hopefully that can help out. I'm really good with BB software, but I have never seen this error before. =/

P.S. I've done research on this error with google, but no luck (probably didn't look too hard enough Toungue Rolleyes)

Take care! Smile
I've fixed the bug. I noticed that there was a typo in the functions_post.php.

I'll explain now:

eval("\$post['iplogged'] = \"".$templates->get("postbit_iplogged_hiden")."\";");

It should be:
eval("\$post['iplogged'] = \"".$templates->get("postbit_iplogged_hidden")."\";");

The word "hidden" was spelt incorrectly.

Edit: It's line 510 in my functions_post.php, but iirc, it has plugins installed, so I don't know if it's the same on default MyBB v1.4.0.4 installs.

I'm assuming that this is either a plugin glitch, or a MyBB glitch (I have plugins insatlled, so I'll assume that's probably that. Toungue Smile ).

Strange though, it never appeared before the host move, so he bug probably appeared on the new configuration that needed that code. Figures. xD

Anyway, thanks again guys! May MyBB shine in it's full glory. Smile
This is a typo, however, the name of the template is "postbit_iplogged_hiden". Your problem was more likely an encoding issue. "Tools & Maintenance >> System Health" is your friend. Smile However, if you have plugins installed, a plugin might have edited the template and caused an error.