MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange guest activities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Our guest permissions have been set so as to deny permission to post, view member list, etc. Still, there are guests who show up on the Who's Online list with location of "viewing member list" and "posting in x forum". How can this be?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
All they're doing is clicking the link, they'll just see a No Permissions page. In 1.4.5 it will say Viewing No Permissions Page, not what link they're clicking. Nothing to worry about Smile
They could be seeing an error. It happens all the time. MyBB doesn't show if they are actually viewing the page, only their location.

Ex, I can't view the memberlist. However I clicked the link and am viewing an error. If someone were to check the online list, it would show me as viewing the memberlist. Only vBulletin will display if the user is viewing an error I believe.
Oh, wow, that's great information! Thank you both so much, you're quite helpful. Smile
(2009-03-07, 07:33 PM)farleyq Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, wow, that's great information! Thank you both so much, you're quite helpful. Smile

A good way to check is to sign out and have a look as a guest yourself,
It's a good way to find out what a guest is looking at when he goes on your site. And make sure there is no other bugs on you site.