MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread showing in restricted area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
I hope someone can answer tis question for me.
On my community forum we have 3 areas:
Public, Member, and Admin area.
Any guest can see all three areas and the topics within each area. the same thing is for Reg. User, but Reg.User has the power to write and reply threads.
I have no problem for a guest, or reg User to see the Topics in member area or admin area, I want them to see the topics. My problem is when they click the topic in member or admin area, they can see the Threads. Of course, when they cannot see the post,(You do not have permission to access this page) but from the tread subject people can have an idea what the post is about.
I used to have a previous forum powered by phpBB 3 that was similar,
but it stopped people one step prior. Is there any way to configure or install a plug in that it shows the topic but when an unauthorized user click to see the threads stop you there giving the message (You do not have permission to access this page) instead of letting them see the threads.
I don't wanna disable the areas so people don't see it, They must see the topics, but they must not see the threads.
Thank you
here is the forum:
http://www.bibclan.net/bibclan.net/forums/index.php
Thank you
Weird that you would want to show the topics in the admin area. I personally only allow the catagory to be viewed by members. But none of the threads. Imagine for a second you had to post something for example.
"Should we ban whoever"
Well they would know you are talking about them. Not real cool.
Sorry i could not really help. Just offer my opinion.
(2009-03-08, 02:32 AM)BIB Wrote: [ -> ]I don't wanna disable the areas so people don't see it, They must see the topics, but they must not see the threads.

Simply give them permission to view the forum, but not threads within the forum Smile
Quote:Simply give them permission to view the forum, but not threads within the forum

I have set like this, look, But it still show the threads.
[attachment=13030]
Yes, that is what you said you wanted to do in the bit I quoted.
What I have to do, so the threads are not shown. I thought if I uncheck show threads within forum, they would not show, but they do show.
Well what exactly do you want them to see now then??

'They must see the topics, but they must not see the threads'

Threads are topics. Can you try and be a little bit clearer if I said before isn't what you want?? Do you want them to just see an empty forum??
What I want is:
A guest can see the main forum page with the topics
[attachment=13034]

Now, when I Guest click on first topic
NEW MEMBER WELCOME, they can see thread page
[attachment=13035]

I want that a Guest is blocked from seeing the thread page above, and get a message of (You do not have permission to access this page).

Thank you
In the first picture, they're forums, not topics. It's very hard to help people when they call something by a different name.

I think to do that though you have to make the forum that you want to block into a category, and then put a subforum in there.
Thank you
Pages: 1 2