MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Approve new registored users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When they sign up they must be approved by an admin frist before they can view or post the forum.

Does MyBB have that function? If so, cna yo ushow me instructions?
Thanks Smile
There's a setting in the registration settings group for admin activation. Then setup the awaiting activation group to have limited permissions.
Say again?

I have the latest version (1.4.9) and can't see anything like what you're describing.

I'm actually shocked that MyBB doesn't seem to have the following core functionality:
  • Registration by Invite Only
  • New registration approval by admin

Wouldn't a lot of forums want to use one of these? How else do you ensure a private forum?

(2009-03-08, 10:30 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's a setting in the registration settings group for admin activation. Then setup the awaiting activation group to have limited permissions.
(2009-10-10, 10:01 PM)kane Wrote: [ -> ]I have the latest version (1.4.9) and can't see anything like what you're describing.

I'm actually shocked that MyBB doesn't seem to have the following core functionality

No need to be shocked, you're just missing the admin activation bit.

ACP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > Registration Method > Administrator Activation.

.... Undecided

If you want invite only, it's available as a plugin.
I'm not sure what ACP is, but under Configuration I don't see the option you're describing.

See attachment.
ACP = Admin Control Panel.

Yes, when you're on that page, there's a bit list on the right, choose the User Registration and Profile Options option... or just type 'method' into the settings search box to go straight to it...
Got it! Missed the "Settings" in your instructions.

Thanks Matt.

(2009-10-10, 10:28 PM)kane Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what ACP is, but under Configuration I don't see the option you're describing.

See attachment.
Reason I didn't put it in the instructions is because you're already on the Settings bit when you choose Configuration from the main tabs at the top, you then just need to choose the settings group from the list. Glad you found it anyways Smile