MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054: Unknown column 'properties' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just undertaken a fresh install of myBB 1.4 into brand new webspace.

I have undertaken all the correct installation and everything was fine.

I then imported data from an old installation (I do not know the version since I have only received the data and nothing else). I did the import through phpMyAdmin on the website's control panel.

I now have the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'properties' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT name, tid, properties, stylesheets FROM mybb_themes WHERE def='1' LIMIT 1

I am assuming that there has been a data structure change but does anyone know how to cure this?
If it's an older version, you'll have to upgrade it, you can't just upload an old backup to newer files and expect it to work perfectly. Do you really have no idea what the old version was??
Yes, have now found it!

myBB 1.2

No, I had not assumed that the data would simply fit but assumed that any new fields would remain blank and any old fields simply not propogated.

Also imagined that there would be a solution to any problem encountered.

That's where you come in. Smile
Do you know the subversion of 1.2...?? Just 1.2 isn't really enough.
I grabbed the version from the original index.php file, which has the header of...

<?php
/**
 * MyBB 1.2
 * Copyright © 2006 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved
 * License: http://www.mybboard.net/eula.html
 * $Id: index.php 3595 2008-01-09 00:10:57Z Tikitiki $
 */

Not too sure if this helps; if not, where else could I find it?

I really do not want to have to rebuild the old site locally if I can avoid it.
Not really, we need the sub version, 1.2.9, 1.2.14, that sort of thing. Do you have the ./inc/class_core.php of the old forum?? The version number is in there.
And as if by magic... 1.2.12

Sorry about this. The site was taken down before I got involved so all I have are the files someone copied off before closing the site down. Bit of a wrong route personally but however...
Aha, right, do you have the ./install/ folder uploaded?? If you don't, download the 1.4.4 package again and upload just that folder. Then go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose 1.2.12 from the list, then everything should be good.