MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ascii in posts..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For instance, if I type out ' you won't see the code & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces)

Even in a code block it displays the character
'

Is there a trick to this or is there no way around it? I just want to be able to display the actual code without it transforming to the symbol.
& # 3 9 ;

After my test above, that's the only way I can get it to work, have a space between each.
I just realized that it only parses some characters if they're known to the forums..Confused
Dang.. I just know the people who don't read things right will forget to remove the spaces (tutorial).. that's why I don't want to have to use them..

Ah well.. No biggie. I figured I should just ask in case I was over-looking something as usual.

Smile
'

Aha, PHP tags work, and you get nice colours. However it shows the actual symbol if you edit.... hmm.
Ascii on Ascii action?
'
I just used an ascii for & then #39; after it Toungue
Only thing is that if you edit you need to re-type the ascii for & because it converts..
& #69; I just did it tooToungue
It's somewhat intrinsic to htmlspecialchars_uni function. It's meant to work that way because I believe some browsers will send out various characters in that form, ie ໧