MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforum status icons not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed BB1.4 yesterday (Clean install - not an upgrade) and the subforum status icons are not working. Forum Home Options - Show Subforum Status Icons is set to yes; Sub-forums to show on index listing is at 2

My site is password protected - please email me if you would like the username password combination otherwise you will not be able to view the BB.

Also, is it possible for users' avatars to be shown on the "who's online" section of the home page?

Thanks for your help.

Andy
Well I think you're going to have to be a bit clearer as to how they're not working as right now there's nothing we can tell you.

About the avatars, it'll need a plugin.
(2009-03-08, 10:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think you're going to have to be a bit clearer as to how they're not working as right now there's nothing we can tell you.

About the avatars, it'll need a plugin.

Do you know where I can find the plugin for the avatars?

Sorry about the lack of clarity - hopefully this is more helpful:

On my home page, I have grey circles (bulbs?) on the far left-hand column of beside each of my forums. There's a grey circle, and right beside it is the name of the subforum.

At the bottom of the page, there is a legend:
Circle with arrow - forum contains new posts
empty grey circle (exactly the same as the ones I'm describing) - forum contains no new posts
circle with x - forum is locked.

The part that is not working, is that the circles beside each forum remain grey even when there are new posts within it. They do not change as per the legend at the bottom of the page.

Andy
There isn't a plugin that does that at the moment.

Is this the same for all users, and across different browsers?? Have you tried clearing your cache?? The browser may be caching the 'off' (no new posts) image for some reason.
(2009-03-08, 11:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't a plugin that does that at the moment.

Is this the same for all users, and across different browsers?? Have you tried clearing your cache?? The browser may be caching the 'off' (no new posts) image for some reason.

I tried it in Explorer and Chrome as I was using Firefox - same issue.

I also tried creating a test user, rather than using my admin credentials to login, same issue.

Cleared the cache and all cookies - still nothing.
Looks like I'm good - just had a new post and the arrow is there.

Must have been the cache.

Thanks.

Andy