MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] [WOL] Unknown location [C-Chris]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If someone is editing his buddy/ignore list he's shown at an unknown location in the who's online list.

Fix: Open the file inc/functions_online.php and search for:
// usercp.php functions
Below add:
case "usercp_editlists":
    $location_name = $lang->managing_buddyignorelist;
    break;
In the language file online.lang.php add:
$l['managing_buddyignorelist'] = "Managing Buddy/Ignore List";
Good catch! I didn't even notice that..
Unrelated issue, but also with WOL Unknown Location, so if you're interested in this very minor detail:

When a user goes to an unknown location with a & in the URL query string, the & in the unknown location link will actually be & so the link won't work - inc/functions_online.php already gets the htmlspecial chars escaped string and in case of unknown URL, htmlspecialchars get escaped once more.

No real need to fix this as plugins / custom pages should be made known to MyBB anyway. Actually I'd prefer if "unknown location" were removed from the list altogether because it's kinda strange to have a link showing the exact location where a user is but labeled as unknown location but that's just me I guess.

Steps to reproduce:
With a browser thats not logged in go to http://yourmybb/misc.php?foo=bar&bar=foo and then with another browser that's logged in check the WOL list, there should be an unknown location guest somewhere near the top (since you just visited) with the http://yoursite/misc.php?foo=bar&bar=foo (where the & was already & ) link.

[rant]And coincidentally that's exacly the type of link that has no point in getting listed at all in the online list and also part of the reason why I'd like such "white pages" be redirected to MyBB error pages. misc.php doesn't know what to do there so like others it should display an error.[/rant]
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group