MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Global' Templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I suggest a name change to one of the 2 Global Template sets. Sometimes when we say to look in the Global Templates, for something like a plugin template, they look in the Global Template set of their theme, where the PM notice template etc it. The we say that it's the other Global Templates and they're like o.O

I think it's a bit confusing to have them called the same name. Why not call the Global Template set that has the plugin templates 'Plugin Templates'?? Unless it isn't just plugin templates in there, although I was udner the impression it was...

It just causes confusion in some cases which IMO is easily avoided.
Universal Template?
Custom Universal Templates?
call them Tikitikitemplates
I like this idea Matt, it will make it confusing free, Wink
it has some problem
You never explain anything, you always post useless posts.
(2009-03-09, 04:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Universal Template?

(2009-03-09, 04:24 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Custom Universal Templates?

Doesn't "universal" practically mean the same thing as global? Kind of defeats the object of renaming it... Shy

"Plugin Templates" would be great - that way authors can dump any templates they make into this category without having to create a template group and stuff...
I think Universal is fine. Right now we say 'it's in the Global Templates', but there's two sets called that, if it's Global Templates and Universal Templates, people will know which is which. Plugin Templates is ok too.
(2009-03-10, 11:05 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-09, 04:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Universal Template?

(2009-03-09, 04:24 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Custom Universal Templates?

Doesn't "universal" practically mean the same thing as global? Kind of defeats the object of renaming it... Shy

"Plugin Templates" would be great - that way authors can dump any templates they make into this category without having to create a template group and stuff...

It may not be specifically plugin templates however.
Pages: 1 2