MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBcode toolbar missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just noticed the bbcode toolbar stopped working on my forum. It's not working for me here either. Works as usual in Opera, but not MSIE, Firefox or Chrome.

While posting this (using Firefox) all I see are the words "Font" and "Text Size." Clicking them brings up the drop selections formatted as an unordered list. None of the other buttons appear.[/font]

Anyone else having this problem?

Okay, just previewed this before posting, and the toolbar buttons appeared. Weird. I've tried flushing cache, cookies, etc., and nothing seem to help.
So basically it works, but it's not styled?
Make sure ./images/codebuttons/ and it's contents are there, ./jscripts/editor.js is there, and ./jscripts/editor_fonts/ and it's contents is there.
k this has happened with me too
there are some methods
1)Check in usercp>edit options>Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages is checked

2)Check whether javascript/java is allowed in Firefox or Chrome.(Can happen when its off or plugins like noscript block it)

3)Try de-activating any plugins youvve installed as even they may cause the error.
(Have you tried to edit editor.js or so?)

If the problem still persists post here
it would be better if you posted a screenshot and your forum url/test acc if the problem still persists
(2009-03-11, 10:34 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./images/codebuttons/ and it's contents are there, ./jscripts/editor.js is there, and ./jscripts/editor_fonts/ and it's contents is there.

Checked, and all above files are present.

Here's what I get. This is a screenshot from this forum as I post this:

[attachment=13082]

After previewing this reply, I get the toolbar buttons:

[attachment=13083]

Since this happens here too, I'm assuming this is not local to my install. It appears the toolbar doesn't want to load on the first "go around" so to speak, but works okay once the page is previewed. I'm puzzled, because it used to work but suddenly stopped, and I can't recall if it was after installing a plug-in, etc.

I have tested this with the lastest versions of MSIE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

MSIE - same problem
Firefox - same problem
Chrome - same problem
Opera - works as expected

(2009-03-11, 12:57 PM)glenvarun Wrote: [ -> ]k this has happened with me too
there are some methods
1)Check in usercp>edit options>Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages is checked

Checked. Okay.

Quote:2)Check whether javascript/java is allowed in Firefox or Chrome.(Can happen when its off or plugins like noscript block it)
[quote]

Checked. Okay.

[quote]
3)Try de-activating any plugins youvve installed as even they may cause the error.
(Have you tried to edit editor.js or so?)

Disabled all plug-ins. Same problem.
Have not edited editor.js.

Quote:If the problem still persists post here
it would be better if you posted a screenshot and your forum url/test acc if the problem still persists

Done.

--------------------------

In Chrome, a placeholder image displayed, and when I examined its properties, it displayed

http://mybb.appbbs.com/undefinededitor_t.../color.gif

It should be

http://mybb.appbbs.com/jscripts/editor_t.../color.gif
Quote:Since this happens here too, I'm assuming this is not local to my install

Well it probably is just a browser issue in that case then. Can you provide a URL if it isn't part of the links above, and test account??
(2009-03-11, 04:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Since this happens here too, I'm assuming this is not local to my install

Well it probably is just a browser issue in that case then. Can you provide a URL if it isn't part of the links above, and test account??

http://mybb.appbbs.com/forum-2.html

I think you are right, but I'm puzzled why it is occurring in MSIE, Firefox and Chrome, but not Opera. There must be something unique to Opera, but I don't know what it might be.

Suggestions anyone?
(2009-03-11, 04:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]..... and test account??
No, a test account, username and password. You've already given a URL...
Pages: 1 2