MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Awesomehost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone ever use Awesomehost.co.uk?

have any good or bad experience of it?
Never heard of them but I would never trust a host that calls them self that Toungue. It sounds like a teenager decided to start a hosting company.Confused
It doesn't seem to bad, but nope - never used it..
i was hosted by a place called reliable host

they were not very reliable as it turns out
(2009-03-12, 01:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]i was hosted by a place called reliable host

they were not very reliable as it turns out

Hmm anyone know of any good VPS then?
I use Dreamhost.com VPS, Its cheap in a way Smile They have been good to me since 2005 Big Grin
(2009-03-12, 05:31 PM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I use Dreamhost.com VPS, Its cheap in a way Smile They have been good to me since 2005 Big Grin

I looked into it whats a good amount of ram?
(2009-03-12, 07:19 PM)TM0 Wrote: [ -> ]I looked into it whats a good amount of ram?
I suggest http://www.servint.com

Don't use less than 512MB of guaranteed RAM. 1GB is a good amount, but what site do you plan to run on it?
(2009-03-12, 07:19 PM)TM0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-12, 05:31 PM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I use Dreamhost.com VPS, Its cheap in a way Smile They have been good to me since 2005 Big Grin

I use 227 MB RAM for mine. If I need to go up, its a simple press of a button. I have more than 60 domains and my admin forum gets pretty active some days and its enough Smile I have 171 MB for my MySQL VPS. I never have to adjust that!
(2009-03-12, 07:30 PM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-12, 07:19 PM)TM0 Wrote: [ -> ]

I use 227 MB RAM for mine. If I need to go up, its a simple press of a button. I have more than 60 domains and my admin forum gets pretty active some days and its enough Smile I have 171 MB for my MySQL VPS. I never have to adjust that!
That's a fairly low and unrecommended number. Just using cPanel alone can usually take up about 256MB of RAM. Your server will explode if you get a traffic burst from a site like Digg (not literally, maybe, but it will definitely go offline and possibly get damaged.)
Pages: 1 2