MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I find my Database to install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I?

I have tried ALOT of things.

It starts off with the name "localhost"

Where do I find it? It says I could find it from my webhost or something like that.

I need this setup a.s.a.p!
You will need to create a database firstly - depending on how your host is set up the instructions to make a database will differ. So you will need to ask your host.

Once your have your database set up you need to type in your database name and other details.

Again, your host is the only person that can point you in the right direction.

You shouldn't really be rushing things. Get things set up and take the time to learn how things work, it will help you in the long run. Smile
(2009-03-12, 02:46 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to create a database firstly - depending on how your host is set up the instructions to make a database will differ. So you will need to ask your host.

Once your have your database set up you need to type in your database name and other details.

Again, your host is the only person that can point you in the right direction.

You shouldn't really be rushing things. Get things set up and take the time to learn how things work, it will help you in the long run. Smile

But I am really bad at that. My host NEVER replies to anything. Exclamation
Having a reliable host is important.

If they don't have some documentation or a wiki on how to do simple things like setting up a database - and they don't reply to support requests, then it's time to find a new host.
Mmm, a lack of communication is a bad thing.

In your host control panel, is there not anything labelled MySQL or databases or something similar?? You can't install until you have actually made the database.
First Download you SQL (Database), in your AdminCP
Secound - Create a Database/User in your Cpanel
How can you download a backup if you haven't installed yet??
^^^I think on CreateBB... xD
If you don't have an database create a one in Cpanel/SQL Database... (create a user too, then you fuse the two and copy the name for Install).
Do you have access to a phpmyadmin? Who is your host provider?
This thread is about a week old guys, the OP has not been back since the second post. Relax guys, don't support people who probably won't see it. Wink