MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade error! (1.2.9 to 1.4.4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i was upgrading my old board to 1.4 and i got this error!

Quote:Fatal error: [SQL] [1054] Unknown column 'starttime' in 'field list'
UPDATE mybb_events SET cid='1', visible='1', donecon='1', starttime='1139616000', dateline='1139616000' WHERE eid='1' LIMIT 1 in /home/w2/public_html/forums/inc/db_mysql.php on line 548

is there a way i can continue this? revert perhaps?

I did make a backup of the databse but the darn thing was corrupted (zip form) .. Sad
Did you choose the correct version when you ran the upgrade script??
i think u did a mistake in selecting the version of ur old script dude.
try out with the one u used before. The correct version.
i thought i selected the right version.. hmm lemme try and backtrack.. Sad

so what do you reckon i do if ever? go back to step 1 of upgrading?
ok try it out dude..
umm.. ok.. i can't tell exactly now what my previous version was via the admin panel coz i cant login, but looking at the files i have on the server.. global.php it says:

Quote:/**
* MyBB 1.2
* Copyright © 2006 MyBB Group, All Rights Reserved
* License: http://www.mybboard.com/eula.html
/

so i guess i was on 1.2? not 1.2.9? how else can i tell?
No, you need to be more specific that just 1.2. Do you have the old version of ./inc/class_core.php??

You should really make sure you know the entire version number, and make sure you have a full working backup before any upgrade to avoid issues...
if u dont exactly know the version its not possible...
so just do the way MattRogowski tells u.
Actually, I have a feeling you can select an older version and it'll work, but it's always best to choose the actual one... if you have the old ./inc/class_core.php, it'll be in there.
oh dear, class_core.php says
Quote:var $version = "1.4.4";

i think the core file was updated already in this attempt Sad

but im kinda pretty sure i was updating from 1.2.9 coz I was in admin panel of the forums staring at the version number before going to the upgrade page.. but i still would allow 10% chance i could've been wrong w/ the version Sad
hmm.. i tried upgrading from 1.2 (older version im sure) but the upgrade seems to stop at:
"Performing necessary upgrade queries.."

page status shows "DONE"
Pages: 1 2