MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Categories in Subforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to assign a forum to a category, which is in a sub forum. But every time I do this and I view the board... all I can see is the category and a link to the forum, no description or anything. Have I done something wrong or is this normal?
Printscreen of what you mean??
[Image: aeon.jpg]
If you mean how 'Akthus City' is being displayed, that's exactly how sub-forums show up. Click 'The Kingdom of Thaithe' and you'll see the description.
But 'The Kingdom of Thaithe' isn't a forum, it's a category. I've set it up as a category in the adminCP, so why is it coming back like this?
Like what?? It's showing how it's meant to. It's inside the main forum, so it shows like that. The only real different between a category and a forum is a category can't be posted in directly.
OK, let's start again.
When I create my category and subforum they should like this:

[Image: error.jpg]

Notice at the bottom the category and forum in question, 'Thaithe' and 'Akthus', they are both looking like they are meant to.

Now then, let's take the category of 'The Kingdom of Thaithe' along with forum and move it inside a subforum.

It now looks like this:

[Image: errror2.jpg]

Notice the difference? The forum description is gone and it all looks like one forum. That's my question. Why is it coming back like this? Is there anyway to have a category inside a sub-forum that looks right?
Can you make a test account, it'll be a lot easier if I can see the forum live.

Also, if you've only just started a forum, why have you made it using older software??