MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Background help, image not showing up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Newbie here, i have uploaded a background image in .gif format but it is not showing up on my page.

I have followed a tutorial and have inserted this line in the global.css boby section.

url(images/Wingrate/Background.GIF)top left)

Many Thanks

Worf.
Does it look like this?

body
{ 
background: url('images/Wingrate/Background.GIF') top left;
}

Ensure you have the right path to the file, and the correct extension (it may be .gif, instead of .GIF). You should also define the image repeat, for example, repeat-y (down), repeat-x (across) or repeat-none...
(2009-03-13, 11:10 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Does it look like this?

body
{ 
background: url('images/Wingrate/Background.GIF') top left;
}

Ensure you have the right path to the file, and the correct extension (it may be .gif, instead of .GIF). You should also define the image repeat, for example, repeat-y (down), repeat-x (across) or repeat-none...

Thank you got it working now. Just one more question, the background image is only showing at the edges, how do i make it so that the background show through the whole screen and not just on the edges?

Worf
(2009-03-13, 11:10 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You should also define the image repeat, for example, repeat-y (down), repeat-x (across) or repeat-none...

body
{ 
background: url('images/Wingrate/Background.GIF') top left repeat;
}

As mentioned, replace repeat with repeat-y or repeat-x if that doesn't work the way you want it to.