MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User changing PW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I had a user today who couldn't get on using her pw, so I changed it for her. When she went to log on under the new pw, it asked for image verification but did not show any image. Does anyone have any ideas? Does it do this automatically when an admin changes pw?

Also, where to go from here - should I delete her user acct and have her register again, or should she do a new registration with a new user name and email addy? (We have set to allow only 1 email account per user).

Thanks!
I cant offer a solution but I can say that the same thing happens with my forum. If I enable captcha then some (only some) of my members are unable to login. They get the image verification error even though there is no image that shows up when you login. If I disable the capthca for registration the problem goes away.
Great, thanks! I just registered a Test Account and I could see the image fine.
This is a bug in 1.4.4. I have attached the fix. Just replace the current member.php with this one to fix the problem. I would recommend re-enabling the captcha.
Despite the fact I give a link to the fix on a daily basis, people still don't find it.

Sad
I know, nobody wants to search.
I read through the login problems sticky and I must have overlooked this fix.