MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Attachment X image in Preview Post. [R]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

At the beggining I wasn´t sure if it was just a problem with my configuration, did some search around this site...but after making some tests over here, in the official myBB Board...well. I had to ask just to make sure:

-Why the attached image file shows the typical X in the "Preview Post" page, instead of showing the actual image file when using "New Attachment?.

Thanks.

------------------
Notes:

I´m running...

MyBB Version 1.4.4 (1404)
PHP Version 5.2.8
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.0.75
Server Load 3.24
Theme MyBB Master Style
---------------------
It happens here, too.
This is reproducible.

More descriptive instructions:
Click on ([Image: newreply.gif]) in any thread. Now attach an image and hit "Preview Post". You'll notice no attachment appears yet the text "Thumbnail(s)" does.
I think it is known limitation.
Either it's just a miss-count in the PHP somewhere, or this has already been fixed for the next release. If you refresh, is it still there?
All my tests happen with the SVN versions:

(2009-03-14, 02:38 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]This is reproducible.

More descriptive instructions:
Click on ([Image: newreply.gif]) in any thread. Now attach an image and hit "Preview Post". You'll notice no attachment appears yet the text "Thumbnail(s)" does.
This is a known limitation. Attachments require a thread row in the database to be able to show and if your previewing a new thread or a new post, then it has not been inserted into the database until you save it as a draft or post it.

If we remove that condition then we're possibly opening up being able to view attachments that people shouldn't be able to.
I suggest adding something such as "Attachment Shown When Posted" when they preview it, that way we don't get bug reports like this anymore. Just a thought. Smile
The MyBB could check the UID or the posthash on preview. Wink
(2009-03-15, 05:31 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]The MyBB could check the UID or the posthash on preview. Wink

We could make it work, which is why I didn't mark it as bogus. But we would have to do a fair amount of changes which is why I was going to leave it in the bug reports forum until I had time to look into it more. Or unless another developer wanted to.
Pages: 1 2