MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [D] PM space bar missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,

I use mybb 1.4.4
PM space bar are active for all users but when a user or mod join to a Publicly Joinable group , it was missing.
On my mybboard, all groups(also Publicly Joinable group) have 250 limit for the maximum number of PMs.

(an example for a registerd user before and after joining Publicly Joinable group)
before:
[attachment=13158] [attachment=13151] [Image: aV1KDK59.jpg]

after:

[attachment=13159] [attachment=13149] [attachment=13166]

unfortunately , Attachment Quota will be unlimited when a user or mod joind to a Publicly Joinable group Huh
i think this problem is a bug in mybb !
So both the groups they are in have a limit on PMs?? What are the limits??
yes,both of them have 250 limits
It works fine when I do it on a default installation.

Ensure your settings are set correctly. MyBB follows a yes/no system, which if I remember, means a higher limit will override the lower limit. Because it's not in english, we don't understand what your screenshots are saying either...
well, i create an english test forum to prove you there is a bug in the User Groups.(and i was edited my first post)

i use some additional groups to categorize students in my forum for some work.(Mass PM ,...)

for example:
1- alex register to my forum

2- he is in registerd group users and the PM space bar is appear now .(this group have 250 limit for the maximum number of PMs)

3- by pm on registration , i noticed users to go in Group Memberships in User CP and join to his course.(pm on registration not installed in test forum)

4-when he selecting a group (exp:Hardware Students) the PM space bar had been disappeared.
this is simple.mybb ignore two impotant options . pm limits and Attachment limits . these option has been unlimited for users join to additional gorup

test forum: http://iranian-it.net/dsss/Upload
if you have doubts about the gorup setteing that i set them , plz ask me to send you admin pass.

i hope u understand what i mean Rolleyes

thank you
I'll move it into the Bug Reports for SQA to check this, I can reproduce the PM space bar disappearing.

To reproduce - create a public joinable group. As a registered user, join the group. The PM space bar disappears (unsure about unlimited space). Attachment limit is now also seen as unlimited (start a new topic / new reply and check the attachment box).
I'm pretty sure there was a bug that was already reported and fixed on this
(2009-03-16, 04:51 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybboard.net/thread-41825.html ? I think they are related
yes.exactly is the same.thanx