MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello again.

I made a change to the index template and it stuffed up my index. So I uploaded a test forum and copied the lines from it's index template over to the old one.

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$forums}
{$boardstats}

Now I have lost my forum and have the new forum in its place.

What have I stuffed up this time?

Geoff
Revert the index template to original.
It does not give me that option

Just says FULL EDIT. no revert to original
Open the template then save it, then it should turn green, then you can revert it.
No Go Indigo

Still the same
what color is the text, blue?

Edit: you might of deleted the master template, somehow.
I've noticed something stange.. when I go into cpadmin instead of www.mydomain.com/forum/admin. it goes to www.mydomain.com/test/admin

So I have deleted the test forum now I cant get into forum/admin. I get the login and then the "no such address thing.

Could this give you an indication of a problem.
Geoff
If it's default, you won't lose the forum at all. Not really sure what you've done, your process of getting the index template fixed was a bit of a chore, as has been said, you could have just reverted it to default and it would have been fine...
Well after reinstalling the whole thing again. Setting up all the plugins. having everything ready to re-add all the contents of the forum for the third time.

The cookies have gone to crap Angry
Instead of using Internet Explorer (Which caused all the problems before) I decided to use firefox to edit the header template. Huh
And after going save, it completely wiped the template all together Angry

To say I am unhappy is an understatement, I could use a few more colorful words but I wont.

Is there any other program that can edit the templates that does not stuff the whole thing up.

Has anyone got a copy of their header template that I can use to fix this.

Geoff.
(2009-03-15, 10:52 AM)geoff Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone got a copy of their header template that I can use to fix this.

Just revert it to default. The only known issue that erases the template is when you save it what the text area is greyed out.
Pages: 1 2