MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'MyBB' is undefined
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bit of a strange one here and I can't really work out why this is happening and relate it to any changes but when I'm in my admin pages and I normally get the "Options" drop down menus, all I get now on page loading is an "Error on page" reading:

Line: 59
Char: 3
Error: 'MyBB' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://.../forum/admin/index.php?module=user

Any ideas how I can re-enable my "Options" menus?
Hmm.. Worked out could get in by clearing out all temp int files, history and all that and it lets me in now, but with a new error message of: 'Peeker' is undefined.

Is this a problem?
Yeah I was going to suggest clearing the cache to solve that... the Peeker thing has been mentioned before, I'll try and find what the solution was.

Edit: Make sure ./admin/jscripts/peeker.js is uploaded correctly, that was suggested a few times with previous cases.
OK, have re-uploaded peeker.js to the ./admin/jscripts/ directory but no change, it still returns the 'Done, but with errors on page' that reads:

Line: 113
Char: 3
Error: 'Peeker' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://.../forum/admin/index.php?module=style

As I say though, doesn't seem to cause any errors on the afore mentioned menu "Options" any more so all I can say is Hmm...
I haven't looked at this in detail, but chances are, it's probably a different file that is used that has Peeker included. Just reupload every script file in that directory, and try again.

I'm assuming you're using IE?
OK, re-uploaded all javascript files to that directory, but issue still occurring on Peeker.js . As you say though, this only occurs in IE - have tried it in FireFox and no problems at all which I guess is the resolution for now. Just use FireFox when administring the forum.

Thank you
Even though there is an error, the functions should still work. IE just likes throwing it's toys out of the pram every now and again...

I've had a look, and this doesn't seem to be a problem in the latest SVN - so I'm assuming this is fixed in a future version of MyBB or it's to do with your security settings in IE.
I think this is an individual setting, I've never had this issue in IE but some people have had it months ago.