MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restoring mybb to a new webhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all!

I've successfully installed mybb into a new webhost, restored all databases. I am using mybb's default theme/template.

However when i viewed my new mybb board, i found that the forum was "themeless". I tried to force the default theme on all users from my ACP, but its still not working. What went wrong?

The ACP looks fine. Everything is good there.

You can reach forum @ http://94.229.68.121/~calvinle/shells to see the themeless board! Confused
The problem is that the CSS isn't cached, so it won't appear "themed". You can upload the default MyBB skin just like you would any other - go to Templates & Style, and then Import a Theme. From here, choose local file, and then browse to where you downloaded the MyBB package.

From there, choose ./install/resources/mybb_theme.xml, and select Ignore Version Compatibility. Upload the theme, then you should be able to force it onto users.
* Matt holds his head in his hands.

Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777. Folders inside ./cache/themes/ should be 777 and files inside should be 666. If that doesn't sort it, view the source of a page, find a link to a CSS sheet, visit that URL, and if you get a 403 error, ask your host to whitelist you against mod_security.
superb solution MattRogowski just what i needed.
i actually deleted the default theme, which brings me back to "default" theme and it works. strange!