MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Email issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am wanting to send a mass email to all of my registered users on my forum. There a total of 33 users in the Registered usergroup, however when I click on "Registered" as the usergroup to send the mass email to, I get the following error:

Quote:Your search criteria did not return any users. Please adjust your criteria and try again.

Any ideas?
Are the username, email and post count fields empty? If they are filled in with something, then they won't be returned...
Yes, most of the Registered users on my forum have an email and post count filled in on their account. That means they are unable to be included in the mass email? If so, why not?
No, I meant when you fill in the mass mail, and then you go to the screen where you select who to send it to...

Funnily enough, I can do this on 1.4.4 where there is me and a test user... but it works properly on the latest SVN. This error will probably be fixed in the 1.4.5 release.
You mean the selecting groups to send the mass email to will be fixed?

Because I mean, I don't want to copy and paste all of my users into that textbox....I'd rather select the usergroup.
Bahh... I found out why it wouldn't let me do it, so I wonder if it's the same for you.

My user didn't have "Receive emails from Administrators" option, which means it would have been excluded from the mass mail. Check your user's settings.

In the database, this field is "allownotices" in the user table.
lol, i took one look at a random account and noticed that the setting was unchecked. How do I make it so everyone has that box checked? I don't want to go through 37 accounts.
If you can access phpMyAdmin, run this SQL:

UPDATE mybb_users SET allownotices = '1' WHERE allownotices = '0'

Replace mybb_ with your table prefix.
Thanks man...it worked!
The database update fixed my problem as well.

Is there a way to set this enabled as a default option for all new registrations?

/sorry for the necro. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2